Chi Siamo

The State Archive of Massa is a peripheral organ of the Ministry of Culture Its establishment took place by royal decree of February 13, 1887 and opened to the public on March 28, 1887. It was the result of long and complex negotiations that began in the second half of the nineteenth century, between the Minister of the Interior and the Provincial Deputation of Massa (current Provincial Administration). 

 Following the law of 22 December 1939 it became a Section of the State Archives and then was again called the State Archives with the Presidential Decree of 30 September 1963, n. 1409. The first seat of the State Archives of Massa was located in five rooms on the main floor of the Doge's Palace. In 1943 the new building where it is currently based was inauguratedrepertorio stampe.